Brooklyn Guesthouse in Park Slope, Community Be Good Helps Haiti
21 Park Place (between 5th and 6th Aves) in Park Slope, Brooklyn, NY 11217
Call or text Lisel for availability and to book a room in the Brooklyn Guesthouse tel. 917-744-4389
Our Brooklyn Guesthouse in Park Slope is an affordable, convenient place for visitors to New York. It is for people who are looking for a comfortable room in an informal building. Our guests are welcome to use shared spaces, including a garden, and a kitchen to cook a meal. There is wi-fi throughout and cable TV in most guest rooms as well as in the living room.
The Brooklyn guesthouse is in a classic brownstone on a tree lined street in the historic Park Slope Brooklyn neighborhood. Though it is a on quiet residential block the Brooklyn guesthouse is very close to Fifth Avenue, which is lively with boutiques, restaurants, bars and coffee shops.
In addition to being a very nice neighborhood in itself, the Brooklyn guesthouse is close to trains that are just a couple of stops from Manhattan. It is convenient to the best of the Big Apple. Furthermore, it is walking distance from Barclays Center, Brooklyn Academy of Music (BAM), Brooklyn Museum, Brooklyn Botanical Garden, Prospect Park, and Brooklyn Public Library Central Branch at Grand Army Plaza.
The Brooklyn guesthouse, Community Be Good, has partner annex guest rooms at near by locations.
There is a two day minimum for rentals.
Community Be Good partners with Haiti to help its people create a reliant and empowered community.
A generous donation to help Haiti is made with each rental.
This guestroom is on the ground floor of the brownstone with windows to the front of the building It is our most accessible room. It has two double beds and can sleep 4. On the same floor is a large full bathroom, a living room, the kitchen / dining area, and access to the sunroom and backyard garden.
Price: $120 for up to 3 people. Add $50 for a fourth person. 30% is donated to help Haiti.
This quiet third floor front room has a queen bed, and a single bed, an office desk to work at and is next to a full bathroom with tub/shower. It accommodates 3. Guests have kitchen privileges and use of common spaces including dining area, living room, sunroom and backyard garden.
Price: $120 per night. 30% is donated to help Haiti.
This sunny second floor room has a comfortable large double bed and very large single if needed. It accommodates 3. There is a small toilet on the second floor and access to a large bathroom on the first floor. Cable TV. Guests have kitchen privileges and use of common spaces including dining area, living room, sunroom and backyard garden.
Price: $120 per day. 30% is donated to help Haiti.
This third floor room is colorful, peaceful, next to full bathroom. It is quiet, facing the back garden. Enjoy a large double bed and cable TV. We add a single bed for parties of 3.
Price $120 per night. 30% is donated to help Haiti.
This third floor room is very small with bunk beds. It accommodates 2. It is behind the stairs with a huge window facing the street and AC. There is a bathroom on the third floor as well as access to the full bathroom on the first floor. Guests have kitchen privileges and use of common areas including dining area, living room, sunroom and garden.
Price: $60 per day. 30% is donated to help Haiti.
The Community Be Good Guest house is at 21 Park Place, Brooklyn, NY 11217. It is a couple of short blocks to the transportation hub, Atlantic Avenue train station, which is just two stops from Manhattan. It is also close enough to walk or bike ride across the historic Brooklyn Bridge.
Reviews for the Brooklyn Guesthouse in Park Slope, Community Be Good
1.There were 10 of us who stayed at the guest house. Three reasons why I chose this place: 1. It’s actually a real guest house. There were so many fake advertisements especially on Craigslist. I’m talking about scamming you out of hundreds of dollars in deposit money, come to find out, there is no guest house. 2. Part of the money you pay goes towards Haitian outreach. 3. The location was perfect for our budget.Since I went with teenage students, this guest house satisfied all our requirements: Close to the city (25 minutes on #2 or #3 train from Bergen Street Station). It has a fully functional kitchen to cook dinners. It was inexpensive….
2. We really enjoyed our stay here. Lisel was an excellent hostess.
3. Lisel is an excellent host, we had a great time, the house is really close from the metro station which makes it easy to move in New York so we got to know it pretty good.
There were 10 of us in the house and didn’t have a problem to sleep or anything.
Thank you so much Lisel for everything, whenever we go back to New York we will be there.
4. For our group of four adult couples, this accomodation was a good choice. We enjoyed both the noise and excitement of the big City and Park Slope with all its quirky little shops and restaurants. The weather was great, and we were lucky to stay at Liesl’s and have access to her garden.
The beds were comfortable and the living was easy at Lisel’s place. We are in awe of her ardent work for humanitarian causes, and the fact that one contributes to her projects by choosing her guesthouse makes the stay all the more pleasant.
5. Une maison dans Brooklyn, bien située, très agréable et propre, joliment aménagée et décorée. Le jardin aux beaux jours est parfait pour un petit déjeuner au soleil. Hôtes accueillants, et riches d’échange et de partage ! Je conseille à tous !
Je suis venue avec une amie et mon fils de 2 ans.
6. Enjoyed the stay. Took a while to get used to the routine because we had never stayed in this kind of accommodations before. Overall, it was a good experience.
7. I and my friend stayed at her house for 7 days. We enjoyed very much! Lisel is very nice, kind and reliable person.
The room was so quiet that we could sleep well. We could get access to a big subway station to go to Manhattan so easily.
A couple of bathrooms are equipped and it was so convenient.
8. We were happy to have a place to stay in the brownstone house with the great location – coffee shop a few steps away – close proximity to the subway lines – and revitalized, hip neighborhood. The house is architecturally interesting with lots of ornamental detail in the house and well-proportioned rooms with high ceilings.
Our host Dupree was very friendly and accommodating. We are a family of five, man and wife with 3 children and were offered 2 rooms for our stay with access to a large kitchen, bathroom, and garden terrace out back.
9. Lisel was a wonderful hostess. Our room was just as described, with all the amenities described, and in a perfect location for our needs. Would definitely return, thank you!
10. Lisel is a friendly person, her house has big rooms with a lovely garden. It is close to the metro. A great coffee shop is just around the corner with fresh brioches and muffins. Thanks Lisel.
11. Just spent 5 days @ CBG in Brooklyn with family & friends (we were 8 in total). CBG is a super place in a great location.
Lisel was a super host and setup comfortable rooms for all of us. The accommodations were great. CBG is a charming house & a readers paradise – I have never seen that many books in 1 house.
We also loved the neighborhood; many coffee shops & restaurants and only a short walk to the metro to Manhatten. We even walked across the Brooklyn bridge into Manhatten.
I recommend CBG without reservation !
12. My friends and I thoroughly enjoyed staying at CBG guest house. It was cozy and located only 5 minutes away from the Barclay’s center. We were there for only one night but had a great sleep. I would definitely recommend staying here!
13. Lisel was a very friendly host. We loved the neighborhood and all the very good inexpensive restaurants very close to the house. We were two families with 7 children and everyone felt like he was at home !
14. We had a wonderful stay at Community Be Good. Our room was large, clean and comfortable and the neighborhood was quiet and pleasant. There was a large variety of restaurants within easy walking distance. We also walked to the beautiful Prospect Park (the Brooklyn Botanic Garden was wonderful!) and over to the Brooklyn Academy of Music for a film. It was easy to access the subway to Manhattan, too. Though we go to NYC fairly often, it was our first stay over in Park Slope and we plan to do it again!
15. Excellent place, friendly hosts and nice house with great location!
16. Came with a Mother/Daughter group of 5 moms and 5 teenage daughters. It was a great place for us to stay- relaxed and homey. We really appreciated cooking our meals in the kitchen and gathering to chat in the dining room. The location of comtybegood is fantastic. It’s only a few blocks to the subway and only a block or two to shopping and restaurants. Lisel was very welcoming and friendly. We would love to come back and stay here in the future.
17. Starting to feel like a home away from home at Lisel’s – thank you so much for having us again!
18: Aside from being a cozy, comfortable accommodation, located in a wonderful and lively neighborhood, Cbg Guest House provided myself, my husband and our two teenagers with a great place to meet up with other like minded folks. We came to the area to investigate possible universities for the young men. Lisel was a wonderful resource. She not only shared her knowledge of the area, but she also shared her life experiences and even a book!!! When leaving, we felt as if we’d found a home away from home. It also felt good to know that some of the money paid went to help re-build Haiti. So much better that a corporate hotel!!!!!!
19: Such a warm, wonderful place to stay, in a fabulous location! We all ate well, slept well, and made some new friends! I’ll definitely stay again.
20. We stayed two nights at the cbg guesthouse, everything was perfect, we will definetly stay there the next time we visit New York.
21. Cozy and charming, the Community Be Good guesthouse was everything we could have wanted in a home away from home for our 3 day stay. Lisel and friends were incredibly accommodating, the place was clean and cheery and the neighborhood was fantastic.
22. Great stay. Nice laid back vibe for a shared house. No issues to report. Would stay there again.
23. We had a wonderful stay in this cozy house. The neighborhood is great with easy access to multiple subway lines. And the host was very friendly.
24. Our stay at Lisel’s was great. I needed to add a room at the last minute. She was so accommodating. My family really enjoyed her home. It is very different from what they’re accustomed to. For me, I found there is so much information in the host and the home. If you’re an avid reader, you will find much joy in the abundance of literature there. This is a great place for family and good friends to stay. I would definitely stay there again.
Another good note, Lisel is very passionate in her service to community both near and far. I enjoy people who are unselfish in their plight to serve those that are less fortunate.
25. Lisle was fantastic. Very helpful and accommodating. The other guests were quiet and respectful. I have used AirBnb and stayed in Guest Houses before and this house was unique in my experience. Although the house has a ‘wild’ and eclectic feel with a tremendous number of books and art objects there was also a very strong sense of order and cleanliness.
We travel to NYC 3-5 times a year and have friends in the neighborhood and are hoping that we will have the opportunity to stay again.
26. Lisel was such a warm and inviting hostess. My friends drove me down to Brooklyn to help me find a place to live, and Lisel was incredibly insightful and quick to share advice and contacts with us. The house provided all of the necessary amenities like wifi, a clean, shared, bathroom and kitchen. It’s close to several great cafes, restaurants and grocery stores. I would certainly recommend this Guest Home to young travellers, and those who enjoy a space that harbors community and connection.
27. This is a wonderful house on a tree lined street in Brooklyn close to subways, and lots of great restaurants, shops and coffee houses. It is clean and comfortable with a beautiful back garden and a full kitchen that guests may use. The host is friendly but not overbearing. I highly recommend it.
28. I had a very comfortable stay here at the guest house. Great hospitality, great home and a very quick response on short notice. The area is also a big plus located in downtown area.
29. It’s difficult to describe the Community Be Good Guesthouse because it is a very different experience than many of us are used to, especially when traveling in New York City. It’s more like staying with a friend you’ve never met before than staying in a B & B. I looked all over the Park Slope area for a place for my Mom, husband and I to stay near where my daughter lives for her college graduation. Finding a single room for three people in NYC is nearly impossible (and extremely expensive to take two rooms). The traditional B & B’s in Park Slope all had terrible reviews for friendliness and helpfulness – in fact they all seemed obnoxious, which was borne out when I called one of them. Then I discovered Airbnb and the CBG Guesthouse. From the first contact, Lesal was friendly, direct, helpful, accommodating. If you need luxury, this is not the place to stay, but if you want to feel like family and talk with an engaging, intelligent, thoughtful and wise woman and be in a wonderful area at a really reasonable price, this is a gem! Although it requires suspending the “hotel” mentality, we all (including my 82 year old mother) thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would stay there again in an instant (despite the “smallest bathroom in the world” and shower in the office space). Thanks to Lesal and Cecilio and all who make this wonderful space possible!
30. Great host, super accommodating. Booked for a business stay and was totally pleased.
31. Our time at Lisel’s guest house was amazing! We were in town for a conference and she was very accomodating for our large group. Half of our group needed to stay another night and Lisel was very helpful in switching some things around to make it work for us. The location was amazing and was very close to everything Park Slope had to offer. The home was clean yet comfy and had a full kitchen for our use. Our group of 9 had plenty of hot water for showers and we were able to come and go as we please. We were treated like family and will definitely be back next time we’re in Brooklyn!
32. Good atmosphere and host very kind. Very good location, in 30min you are in the center.
33. We got the main bedroom on the third floor. The room is amazingly colorful and lovely. I fell in love with the blue color and the paintings on the walls by local artists. She is an artist!!!
And as we asked, there was a IKEA daybed set up for my friend. We got clean bed clothes and even clean towers!!! It was very cozy 4 days staying in the house.
The subway is within 5 mins walking distance. So it’s actually a good place to stay for visiting NYC but wanting to avoid the crowds in Manhattan.
There’s some lovely little restaurants around. And you can get bagel and coffee very early in the morning with a little walk less than 3 mins!!!
Anyway, I’ll definitely recommend this house to my friends.
34. My friend & I stayed in the CBJ Guest House for 5 days last week. Lisel was very welcoming and helpful with places to see in the area. The room was extremely comfortable. Great location as well!!! Great access to the subway & awesome restaurants all within walking distance. I highly recommend staying here to future guests.
35. wonderful experience. Lisel couldn’t have been more gracious and welcoming. The bed was super comfortable and the location was perfect.
36. Clean friendly cozy and very convenient. Not fancy, but very homey. Lisel the owner does serious community work for Haiti relief. Large shared kitchen. Like staying in someone’s home, which it is. Perfect for visiting family for a few days. Lisel is very gracious and conscientious and fixed room mix- up immediately. Large stone shower. I’d stay here again for sure. Thanks!
37. My husband and I really enjoyed our short stay here. The house is filled with books and artsy clutter. Lisel and Seija are friendly and very pleasant hosts. We also ate breakfast at Seija’s vegan restaurant, Sun in Bloom. Delicious.
Lisel is generous and welcoming. The house is clean, the bed in the first floor front bedroom very comfortable. We had a very quiet night, with the exception of a car alarm. The bathroom situation is quirky, with a shower just off the living room and the teensiest powder room in the world, but it just takes a little flexibility and good humor to adjust.
Great, quiet but fun Park Slope neighborhood–a bookbinder a couple doors away, coffee shop, all sorts of restaurants around the corner on Fifth. We had a Colombian lunch at Bogota and a wonderful supper at Alchemy. It’s just a few short blocks to the Bergen St. subway station. Be advised there are two Bergen St. stations!
38. Lisel’s place is very comfortable and quiet. My husband, my mother, my 18 month old and I were quite happy to stay there. Even though the rooms we were in were not entirely private, it was always very quiet. And our fellow guests were a nice mix of people, and all very courteous.
39. My stay at Lisel’s lovely guest house has been the perfect transition home away from home that I needed. She has decorated her house so that you want to take a seat and stay for awhile. I have met some incredible house guests and we’ve taken to going out on the town or cooking dinner together. You will be pleasantly pleased by all that is offered.
40. We recently spent a week at the Cbg Guest house in Brooklyn. A wonderful experience for a family — 3 kids under 11 — with Lisel as an attentive and gracious hostess. The neighborhood is great with lots going on, good food choices and a nice coffee shop on the corner to get you going in the morning. Getting around all of NYC is really easy as well with subway access within a 10 minute walk. The room and beds were great and it was really nice to have access to a full kitchen. I highly recommend the Cbg Guest house for people wanting to have access to NYC from a neighborhood base. We will be coming back.
41. Bonjour à tous, si vous cherchez une ambiance paisible dans un endroit très accueillant par son hôte Lisel, dans sa belle maison au décor bohème dans un quartier tranquille, vous serez servi. La cuisine est équipé pour les repas, un frigo est à la disposition des invités, les chambres sont confortables et climatisées, deux hamacs sont installés à la cour pour les fins de soirée, à 15-20 minutes de Manhattan en métro et en ligne direct, qui est à 5 minutes de marche et à 20-25 minutes de l’aquarium de New York (un incontournable)et la plage de Coney Island et ses parcs d’attractions. Nous étions un groupe de 11 personnes, adultes et enfants et avons vraiment apprécié notre rencontre avec Lisel, nous avons trouvé notre endroit pour séjourné à NYC à l’avenir.
42. We had a fine long weekend experience at CBG in Park Slope. Our bedroom was the downstairs bedroom right off an entry way which really suited our needs. Our bed was very comfortable and the ceiling fan was a lovely addition. The downstairs bathroom was just down the hall near the kitchen and garden. And — what a wonderful garden!! The area is perfect for anyone intersted in small shops, good coffee and easy access to the subway. On Saturday night, we used the seating area right off the kitchen to chat with friends while another guest cooked a late dinner. It all worked. This is an easy, welcoming home. Lisel was a delight and we intend to come back in a few months.
43. We stayed for 12 days at CBG and it was like a second home for us. The place is close from everything (subway) in a really nice neighbourood.We loved walking arouns in park Slope and the 5th Av is full of nice little shops.
Lisel and Seija were great ! We had breakfast at home and sometimes diner when the day was exhausting !
More over, we had our flight back cancelled in the middle of the night because of the snow, it was 4AM and we knew we could come back in the middle of the night at Cbg.
Like your home away from home I told you !
44. Cbg is a vary nice person and a great host, I appriciated staying at her place because she is a great host. The place is very nice and not hard to find. Thank you very much
45. This was quite possibly the best place anyone could ask for. The hosts were amazing and so helpful. I don’t think I’ve slept better in any other room in the country. Thank you so much!